Our greatest goal at Foley Orthodontics is to give you the healthy, functional, beautiful smile that you've always wanted. We understand that choosing to receive orthodontic care is a big decision, and we respect your reasons for wanting to improve the way you look and feel. Our practice will work with you every step of the way to make sure that your orthodontic care is as rewarding as possible. Our practice utilizes the latest diagnostic techniques (including orthodontic airway and TMJ analysis), 3D X-ray technology (CBCT analysis), and treatment techniques available. Often times, we offer a variety of treatment options to give you the customized, individual care you deserve.
Every smile starts with a complimentary initial consultation!
Your initial complimentary consultation will give you the opportunity to meet our team, learn more about orthodontics, receive a comprehensive orthodontic exam, and find out which treatment options will best meet your needs. During your complimentary initial consultation, we will:
- Review your dental and medical history forms
- Take digital X-rays and digital photos (depending on the age of the patient) to evaluate tooth development, general tooth health, and the surrounding jaw bones of the face for accurate diagnosis and treatment planning
- Dr. Foley will provide a comprehensive orthodontic exam that includes orthodontic evaluation of the jaw joint (TMJ) and upper airway
- Determine the best time to start orthodontic treatment
- This is determined both by the doctor's clinical judgment and your concerns
- Dr. Foley believes in early-age treatment if there is a medical/dental advantage by doing so
- If a positive influence on jaw/tooth growth and development cannot be obtained by early treatment, in most cases, treatment is begun once the majority of adult teeth have erupted in the mouth
- If the doctor believes you are not ready to start, you will become a member of our very own 'Little Phillies Club'! (Members receive free dental/skeletal observations periodically to determine the best time to start treatment, receive prizes at every visit, and are entered into all current office contests)
- Discuss customized treatment plan options to address your individual bite and answer all of your questions about treatment (you will learn about the goals of treatment, the approximate treatment time, and of any appliances that may be used)
- Review all financial information, insurance options, payment plans, and scheduling information
Dr. Foley and our team at Foley Orthodontics will be glad to answer any questions you may have, and we will provide all of the information that you need to determine which treatment is right for you. Please contact our practice to schedule your initial consultation.
What happens after the initial consultation?
You're one step closer to achieving the smile you've always wanted! After your consultation, if you are ready for treatment and treatment is agreed upon, we will schedule you for first appointment and completion of orthodontic diagnostic records (this can sometimes be the same day depending on your schedule, our schedule, and the severity of your bite). Orthodontic records are important for creating an orthodontic baseline before treatment as well as tracking orthodontic progress as the teeth begin to move (which includes molds of your mouth that are replicated in plaster, an additional X-ray that evaluates the jaws and tooth position, and any photographs that were not taken on initial exam due to age). In order to obtain proper bite correction, in some cases, we may start treatment with an orthodontic appliance. You will also receive detailed oral hygiene instructions and diet instructions to take of your new orthodontic appliances and your teeth from our knowledgeable staff. During this first appointment, our team will be available to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible and to answer any other questions you may have.
Visiting the orthodontist for regular adjustment appointments (generally scheduled every 4-8 weeks) is one of the most important parts of your orthodontic treatment. Our practice will work with you to make sure that your appointments are as convenient as possible (in addition to weekdays, we offer weeknights and Saturday appointments). In most cases, appointments last between 20-60 minutes. Patients are seen by appointment only.
We understand that “life happens”! If you're running late or need to reschedule, please let us know as soon as possible and we will do everything we can to accommodate you. When you're ready to schedule your complimentary initial consultation, contact our practice and our friendly staff will assist you. We're looking forward to working with you.
Visiting the dentist during orthodontic treatment
It is very important that you continue to visit your family dentist at least once every six months (sometimes more frequently if recommended by Dr. Foley) during your orthodontic treatment, for teeth cleanings and routine dental checkups. If extra dental care is needed, we will be happy to coordinate with your family dentist to make sure that you are receiving the best care possible.
"I am very grateful for the opportunity of meeting Dr. Foley and the experience I have had with him."~ Vanessa R. Read Vanessa's Story
"My experience with Dr. Foley is unforgettable."~ Janairis P. Read Janairis’ Story
"I would not trade him for any other orthodontist. He's the best!!"~ Mother of Devon O. Read Devon’s Mother’s Story